Sunday, August 22, 2010

Warm Bananas and Rum Sauce


Oh. My. God. These were heaven in my mouth! I have to thank my husband's Major for leaving behind half a bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock Rum. We're not big rum drinkers but I've found it a wonderful ingredient for my desserts recently (I used it to make The Best Apple Pie You Will Ever Have). I had some extra bananas left over from the muffins I made earlier this week and this dessert was born. Enjoy!!

Ingredients

2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 shots of dark rum
1 tbsp of butter
1/4 cup of pecans

Directions

In a skillet over medium heat, add sugar, rum and butter. Stir until melted and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Add bananas and pecans. Coat with syrup.

Serve hot over ice cream or pound cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment